CKSS Student Services: Social Worker Team
Working in partnership with students, families, and community to meet the educational needs of every student, our social worker and child youth counsellor (CYC) provide specialized counselling for students and families:
- Social, emotional and mental health issues (depression, anxiety, self-harm, eating disorders)
- Relationships (peers, friends, parents)
- Barriers to regular attendance
- Personal issues/concerns (bullying, racism, sexism, heterosexism, transphobia)
- Adapting to change (new school, transition to high school, family dynamics)
- Liaising with community agencies and resources
Counselling staff also assist students in developing competencies such as confidence building, problem solving, managing change and accountability.
Referrals are taken by student or parent; students aged 14 and over can access social worker without parental consent.