"Defined by the Ministry of Education as:
Mild intellectual disability: a learning disorder characterized by:
Characteristics of MID
- an ability to profit educationally within a regular class with the aid of considerable curriculum modification and supportive service;
- an inability to profit educationally within a regular class because of slow intellectual development;
- a potential for academic learning, independent social adjustment, and economic self-support.
- Delays in Cognitive Development
- Difficulties with Appropriate Social Relationships
- Delays in Adaptive Skill Areas
- Low Self-Esteem
- Difficulties Understanding Abstract Concepts"